Thrifted Skirt Winner and a Valentine Craft

As Sunday was getting close I was starting to worry that nobody would leave a comment with the right answer. I mean, not that it would have really mattered, because I would have just picked a random winner then. But, then Saturday, somebody finally guessed it right!!!!

And, that somebody is                      Mari           !!!!!!!!!!!!!

She said: "Adorable...I'm going to say a bed skirt was used (the dust ruffle) or whatever they are called?? (but I'm international so not sure it counts?!)"  (Of course, it does!)



Congratulations! Yes, I used a cribsized Bedskirt. See!




On to a little craft I made yesterday. You may have seen this awesome tutorial floating around in Craft-Blogland over the past few days. I can only recommend it. It's easy and super "cost-conscious". I spent a whopping 1.17 USD (incl. tax) to make two!
One for the inside of our front door:


and one for the outside:



Very pretty, cute and quick.
I have so many more projects to share with you. Three to be exact. But, I will pace myself. See, I want to make sure you come back! ;-)

5 comments:

Evelyn said...

Oh, that's a great idea! Crib bed skirts do have some cool edge patterns on them - I'm going to keep my eye out for one now. Thanks!

Mari said...

Whoooooo Hoooo.... That's my first online win...I'm So excited! I think We're all going to be looking at bed skirts differently!
Thank you so much!
ps: I love the heart Wreaths too, can't wait to see what else you're up to!

Mama Lusco said...

I'll need to start watching for more bed skirts :) The wreaths are great!

Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

Hi Beatrix,
Your wreaths both turned out beautiful! Thanks for sending me the link! It's fun seeing what people create using my tutorials :)

happy crafting!
Linda

Lauranie said...

Congratulations!! LOVE the hearts...yours looked a little different from the one in the link...I had to get and up-close view of your photo to see that it IS burlap...GREAT JOB!! :D

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin